Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Life in a life.



I remember that I have feel lost for quite a long time. I have no idea what's the cure at that time.

And then comes the day that I have to go to India (because I have bought the ticket - of course).
Yes, I left all work in Jakarta and didn't bring my laptop along with me.
  
I only expect some break from my daily routine at first. Haven't take a break since my last trip to Europe last year. And never thought it would turns out as the most exciting trip I ever had so far! 


I always know that I love to meet new people. And in case of travel, I love love love love to have a conversation with locals. Somehow, it's just make me realize that there's a life in life.
To know more about them - even just at glance, sometimes can lift yourself up in a way. To see their eyes sparks whenever tell stories about their passion, or their job, how much money they earn in a day, their favorite place, their usual food, or even their sad story. You can feel their emotion in your heart.
And that's when you know that there's something else happening aside from your own life. And those things can make my feet keep touching the ground.

So here’s some highlight of the trip.

1.     KARIM’S


Above all delicious food we've tasted in India, I MUST SAY THIS IS THE BEST ONE! Their Mutton Burra and Butter Naan are too good - I almost cried when eat it. So good. (We actually came back on my last day in Delhi and ordered the same menu :p).

2.     Varanasi
Erm.. I got to say sorry. I underestimate this place at first. The reason why I agreed to go here, except because of Dondi arrange all the itinerary, is because he showed me a picture of sunrise view that we could get in the Ganges. And it looks soo beautiful. And I'm weak. And easy. So yea, I said ok.
I love Bali and Jogja because of their culture and heritage is so strong and thick. And I can feel the same energy in Varanasi.
I can smell a strong cultural atmosphere around me. And I liked it. Very much.
When we left Varanasi, it's actually the day of Maha Shivaratri festival. The celebration is started in the evening, but they came to the Ganges from early morning to took a bath and do some rituals. It was very crowded. But I can see so much things happening. A beautiful chaos in my eyes :)
The down side is, our sunrise tour failed. It was a very hazy morning. We took a boat ride to go around all ghats, but we couldn't see much either.
Highlight of the highlight:


Blue Lassi. You know, as much as I adore ancient alleys in Varanasi, it can be very frustrating to find a hidden small shop there. Me and Dondi are very weak for food. Especially if the place has been reviewed somewhere. So there we were, cutting through horde. To tasted orange and mix fruit lassi. But despite the extra effort and the sunburn and the sweats and got teased by local guy to find the place, it was so worth it.
And.. People threw rices at us. At the night before Maha Shivaratri festival. And we don't know why. Until now. So yea.

3.     The night train from Varanasi to Agra
We accidentally met a very interesting couple before got on the train, Ausi and Mei (hope I spell their name correctly). The four of us talked a lot. Ausi and Mei has spent one month in India, started from the south of India and will ended the journey in Delhi. Ausie is quitting his job and had traveled around Asia for 3 years. And as we can expect, the journey is actually became soooo muuuuch fuuuun!
And we knew that we would not have anytime to rest in Agra - as we're not staying the night over there, that's why we took the sleeper class so we can have some rest.
We finished Agra less than 10 hours. And please note, without shower and sleep.
And the train to Jaipur got delayed for 5 freakin hours. And Dondi got food poisoning. And he became very cranky. And we have to stayed in the station for more than 8 hours. And again, without shower and sleep.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. Complete photos and video are here: Incredible India.

When I left Jakarta for this trip, I feel like I'm losing sight of everything. But when I got back, thank God, everything starts to fall into places.
I can not wait for my next trip. To find another 'a life in life' moments. 

And I definitely will go back, India!

No comments: